Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Dracula vs. Frankenstein (1972) SPECTACULAR DEBUT.....oh wait a minute....




THIS MOVIE was heavily promoted by Forrest J. Ackerman
in Famous Monsters Of Filmland issue #89. in the spring of 1972.

I was 10 when I first saw this article and looking at Forry's presentation I thought this movie was bigger than Wizard Of Oz!

I looked at the Cape Cod Times movie section for months (yes, months)
and never even saw the slightest reference to it, never saw it advertised on TV, radio, nothing!!!

If this movie were released to UHF TV around 1974, my life might have been different!
I would have stayed awake till 2 a.m. to see this movie (without No-Doz and coffee) and multiple times too!
Instead, I had to wait 40 freakin years but it was worth it.

The movie LACKS lighting severely...maybe someone thought this would help the movie given the theme,
but filming in 16mm doesn't help in this regard at all.

A 35mm camera would have breathed life into this movie.
16mm makes dark scenes look worse, look at Larry Buchanan's movies.
They look fine on a CRT tube-type TV but flatscreen (and cinema) reveal visual flaws like TV never could.

The coolest character in the movie is Zandor Vorkov but last I heard about him,
he joined a religious commune and doesn't like to give interviews.

The Devil lost this round.





















WORST Frankenstein makeup in history! Zandor eclipses him!

Totally shit-faced....omg why did I post a blu-ray of this?......I can't watch anymore...


No comments:

Post a Comment